Stop the presses!!!
I’ve been asked so many times for my Thanksgiving day advice I put it all on it’s own page.
No I know it’s not yet Thanksgiving this post is about how you can have less stress planning that big meal. Now if you are cooking another holiday meal with a similar menu many of these tips and tricks will still work.
Step 1: I plan a huge menu, more than I usually cook, but no one be me sees the big plan. Once I have every possible thing …
That’s right David was in the field most of the month of November. While the hubby was away what did the wife do?
- I went out for my birthday with a friend to red robin, they give free birthday burgers if you join their loyalty club.
- I’ve been writing, of course.
- I was sending goodies out to the field as often as I could.
- I was working on a super secret project, you’ll find out more about that after the new year.
- I am learning to write html, yes I know it’s long past time and I finally am …
My website is moving, same URL new host.
I finished editing my manuscript. Let’s face it, I was worn out. I walked, well rolled away from my keyboard. I needed time away from the pressure of writing, and editing. I did occasionally write, but it was work on a short story or two not my manuscript. 89,000 words is a lot of typing and thinking. There was a second reason for me “dropping off the planet.” My husband who had been gone for a year was on leave. I’m back now, feeling refreshed. I’m sorry if you felt like I had neglected or abandoned you, but it …
The chaos I felt in the days leading up to my husband unit returning from deployment.
Yes, you read that right. This crazy Jew took time out to help others have a bright and cheerful holiday.
I was invited by the local Daughters of the Revolution chapter to join them in decorating the local Fisher House. They are a place for people to stay while they or their families receive medical treatment.
Here are the lovely ladies from the local DAR group:
These lovely ladies were well organized and thought of everything, including the presents for under the tree. There were over seventy presents under the tree when they were done.
The holidays alone are part of being an Army wife. How will I cope?
I like many other wheelchair users pride myself on being independent. There are a few, very few things that give me trouble on a daily basis. I can but hate to pump my own gas, I can’t reach the top shelf of the closet, I’ve never changed my own oil.
I was out getting some food from one of my favorite places that has been ruined for me many times by either staff of other customers who were overly helpful. At first it was the staff, the once told me I wasn’t allowed to carry my own sandwich to the …
First those of you who don’t know me, I must confess I’m a huge Brad Thor fan.
- Seriously, I blame you for two to three sleepless nights a year, yes your books are that good.
- For getting me to start writing again
- For me finishing my manuscript
- For getting me on a plane for the first time in three years
- I had a gift to deliver so my husband David takes some of the blame for this one.
- For getting me and countless other Americans to open our eyes and take a serious look …
Have you forgotten the pain of 9-11