How and when to offer assistance to a wheelchair user.
I researched a chemical weapon for my manuscript. Yes, VX is a real manmade chemical weapon designed to kill.
First off you must know I’m an Army wife and a huge supporter of the law enforcement community. I interact with some level of law enforcement daily, as in every time I drive onto a base.
1. Law enforcement officers are humans, they are doing a largely thankless job.
2. The news has less than 1% of people’s interactions with law enforcement officers.
3. If you are honest and polite they are a lot more likely to work with you.
4. In some situations their hands are tied, they can’t not take you to jail if you have an …
I like many other wheelchair users pride myself on being independent. There are a few, very few things that give me trouble on a daily basis. I can but hate to pump my own gas, I can’t reach the top shelf of the closet, I’ve never changed my own oil.
I was out getting some food from one of my favorite places that has been ruined for me many times by either staff of other customers who were overly helpful. At first it was the staff, the once told me I wasn’t allowed to carry my own sandwich to the …
First those of you who don’t know me, I must confess I’m a huge Brad Thor fan.
- Seriously, I blame you for two to three sleepless nights a year, yes your books are that good.
- For getting me to start writing again
- For me finishing my manuscript
- For getting me on a plane for the first time in three years
- I had a gift to deliver so my husband David takes some of the blame for this one.
- For getting me and countless other Americans to open our eyes and take a serious look …
Today I wanted to go the convenience store here on post during lunchtime. I was hungry and needed a few small items they normally have. So I chose the one closest to my home, not my normal one. When I arrived all of the handicapped spaces were full and not all of them had placards or license plats allowing them to park in these spaces. I do have a placard and with my wheelchair it’s almost a necessity. I drove around the lot for twenty minutes finally a handicapped space opened up. I still couldn’t use it. Why? Someone riding …
Have you forgotten the pain of 9-11
I live in a place where kids still play outside and neighbors still talk to each other. I can ask any random neighbor for a favor and have no worries. I have to be careful when I’m driving home to make sure I don’t run into a child on a bike. From what I hear this is not what the average person in America experiences in this day and age.
I live on a US Army base, in fact it’s a mega base (aka a huge base). It’s a small city, we have two grocery stores (commissaries) and two stores …
Should something be banned because it offends someone? No!